Rich's publications have been sorted into the following categories:
- glacial cycles
- lunar cratering rates, and the discovery of the "recent" increase 400 Myr ago
- radioisotope dating and accelerator mass spectrometry
There is a photo of Rich preparing to do the first radioisotope date ever done with an accelerator.
- geomagnetic reversals
- mass extinctions, comet showers, and Nemesis. There is a photo of Rich and a dinosaur.
- 3K cosmic microwave background radiation
- adaptive optics. There is a NASA painting of a telescope Rich proposed in 1976.
- cometary orbits
- special relativity
- elementary particle physics
- particle detectors